Become a Balanceability Instructor
Are you passionate about cycling?
Do you have experience and enjoy working with children aged from 2½- to 6-years?
If the answer is yes, then you might be interested in becoming a Balanceability Instructor.
We offer a one-day training course which will enable you to plan, organise, prepare and run the Balanceability programme to the necessary standard in order to achieve the stated outcomes. The initial training should not be underestimated and we want to ensure you have the confidence and motivation to deliver varied, fun and inclusive Balanceability sessions.
The training is aligned to both early years and national cycle standards and involves an element of pre-learning before the course. We will ensure, as a trainee instructor, that you display the ability to teach this age group and have a firm understanding of why balance and balance bikes are so important in the teaching of riding without stabilisers. At the end of the training day, you will be assessed against a set of outcomes to ensure we are confident you are able to run Balanceability sessions.
Whether you are a teacher, independent instructor or from a leisure organisation; delivering the programme in school, after school, at the weekends or at holiday camps, you will be helping children towards their first real taste of independent cycling and it is a huge privilege to be part of that learning experience. Running safe and enjoyable sessions is paramount and the training day will prepare you for this.
The course consists of theoretical and practical assessments and a high rate of participation from all Instructors is required. Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to deliver the Balanceability programme to children.
- Training is suitable for teachers, cycle trainers, sports and leisure staff
- The training does not enable the Balanceability Instructor to provide 'train the trainer' days to groups or individuals
Training is required for all individuals who wish to deliver the Balanceability programme and includes all the materials required to deliver the course.
If you are booking training at the same time as purchasing your Balanceability Pack, one delegate is discounted to £140 and with Pack Two, two delegates are discounted to £140 (as your Balanceability Pack includes the programme materials).
If you book training without a Balanceability Pack - you are required to buy the Balanceability Programme materials and training day together at £295 per person. The programme materials consist of:
- Full Comprehensive Manual (100 pages) covering all aspects of the programme
- Programme pre-learning materials sent in advance
- Session Plans for Level 1 & 2 (six 45-minute sessions per level)
- Illustrated Activity Card set
Where does the training take place?
You can either attend a training day by booking at a fixed site location or arrange for an Instructor Trainer to come to your site.
- Fixed Site - see the list of fixed locations and when the training days are being run. You can book your individual places and attend one of these training days to suit you.
- On-site - if you are bringing together a group of 8-12 then we can come to your site and deliver the full training day. Access to children on the day is required. Please contact us to find out more.
If you are a school that requires on-site training or you would like to find out more about how your school can deliver Balanceability, please read Balanceability for Schools.
If you are a local authority that outsources your training to an independent provider and are interested in Balanceability, please contact us. We are able to work with you directly and through your partners.
Delivering the programme commercially
A membership fee of £99 per annum is applicable for any organisation or individual that is running the programme commercially. This includes a set up certificate pack plus access to:
- Balanceability brand logos and official images
- Location added to Balanceability Map - for parents searching for an instructor
- Access to the trade area within the Balanceability web site which provides instructor support materials & a shop for discounted products
- Videos and instructor tips
- Programme updates - example additional activities for 'enabling every child'
- Newsletters, case studies and research
- Pre/post assessments and formats for case studies
How to order
Create a Quick Quote OR call us on 0333 241 2430 to discuss further. Once a quote has been received please arrange for a Purchase Order to be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org OR faxed to 01952 797465.
When your Purchase Order has been received an invoice will be sent back to you which also includes a delivery date.
I was impressed with the potential opportunities Balanceability offers for younger children who would normally have to wait until year six to receive any formal cycle training.
Attending a Balanceability demonstration at Welton Primary School, I was impressed with the potential opportunities it offered for younger children
Working with schools as a Bike It officer, I have found that there is a real gap in cycle training for children below year five who can access a Bikeability course.
Balanceability offers the perfect solution to this gap in skill development. I was extremely impressed when I observed the course
Balanceability is the fundamental starting point for children’s cycling and an excellent opportunity to promote active lifestyles at the earliest possible age.
Balanceability offers children a great opportunity to become competent cyclists at an early age through the development of balance and control.
The Programme is made up of progressive learning experiences, with fun ways to learn to cycle on balance bikes. This
I am delighted to work with Balanceability.
A child who enjoys riding a bike is more likely to cycle as an adult or even to become an