- I’m a trained National Standard Cycling Instructor, what do I have to do to deliver Balanceability?
- As a qualified NSC Instructor you will still need to attend our one day training course, which if you complete and pass you will be entitled to run your Balanceability sessions.
- Do you have some pre-requisites for becoming an instructor?
Essential to have
- Enhanced DBS Check (previously CRB)
- First Aid training
Safe Guarding Children training
Nice to have
- National Standards Instructor (NSI)
- Early Years qualification
- Teaching/Coaching qualification
- Bikeability/Bike It training
- Can I run the programme differently to the set sessions?
- The Balanceability course is outcome-based so instructors are able to run shorter sessions as long as they are age appropriate, but more importantly: developmentally appropriate, for the children. We have options of shorter progressive sessions.
- Do I have to attend a training day?
- Yes, as an independent instructor it is compulsory to complete and pass our one day training course. Find courses near you.
- How much does it cost to become a Balanceability instructor?
- Prices start at £295.00 for a one day training day, however this is discounted if purchased with the Balanceability Pack. Please contact us for more information regarding prices or go to Quick quote.
- Is there a membership fee?
- Yes, we charge an annual fee of £99 + VAT for your membership to Balanceability. This gives you access to brand logos, regularly updated video links, marketing materials and any programme updates.
- I’ve now trained as a Balanceability Instructor, what’s the best way to set-up Balanceability courses?
- Try contacting local schools, sports centres and nurseries. Swimming classes at local sport centres are a great way to access high numbers of active kids and enthusiastic parents. Also, existing Bikeability Instructors that are already operating in the local area may be helpful in terms of accessing interested groups. PR and positive word-of-mouth is a great way to generate interest, also consider setting up a simple website for yourself and possibly advertising on other websites. Local newsletters and parish magazines could be a surprisingly effective way of starting to generate interest in the local area.
- Can I earn money as a Balanceability instructor?
- Yes. Prices for Balanceability sessions vary across the country depending on the venue & facility. It is advisable to check out other children's courses to see what is being charged in your area. Typically children would book either 6 or 12 weeks at a time and the ratio of Instructor to children is 1-8.